Strawberry Pudding Souffles (Paleo)
Did you know making souffl's isn't difficult? They seem really intimidating, and I think it's because when a door slams on a cartoon where someone's baking, there's a souffl in the oven that sinks in the middle.
We're basically trained from a young age to fear these things! If you feel alright working with egg whites, then these are a cinch and they only took about 35-40 minutes from start to finish.
And this particular souffl is paleo! Well, the ingredients are, at least. I'm not sure if the concept of a souffl is paleo. I can t see Grog's wife pureeing strawberries or beating egg whites, but you catch my drift.
- 18 ounces fresh or frozen (and thawed) strawberries
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 egg whites, divided (store 2 together and 3 together if you crack the eggs all at once)
- 6 Tablespoons raw honey, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and gather some ramekins (large ones) and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender. Strain out the seeds.
- Put strawberries in the bowl of a stand mixer with the lemon juice, 2 egg whites, and 3 Tablespoons of honey. Beat on medium-high speed for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is very light and frothy and almost fills the bowl.
- Meanwhile, beat the other three egg whites in a separate bowl until it begins to get frothy. While beating, slowly add in the honey and beat until the whites form stiff peaks.
get full recipes : www.perrysplate.com