Salted Caramel Skillet Cookie
Do you have a dessert recipe that the family is over the top in love with? For us, it's skillet cookies. Maybe it's because it's just one giant cookie & that's just super fun. Or maybe it's that it's a dessert we all dive into together & share. I'm not sure what it is about skillet cookies, but it's the one thing the whole family gathers in the kitchen for.
They hover & wait for me to pull it out of the oven & they are practically burning themselves trying to shovel it into their mouths faster than the person standing next to them. It's a sight to see, that's for sure. I love making them & we sure love eating them. My absolute favorite is this recipe with salted caramel. It's positively divine!
Salted Caramel Skillet Cookie is much like a Pizookie. A giant, thick & chewy chocolate chip cookie baked in an iron skillet with salted caramel.
- 1 cup butter - room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour spooned & leveled- not scooped
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 caramel squares
- 1 chocolate candy bar - broken in pieces
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325'F
- Lightly grease oven-safe, 10" cast iron skillet (you must use an oven safe skillet)
- In mixer bowl with paddle attachment, beat the butter smooth and creamy
- Add granulated sugar & brown sugar and beat on medium-high until light & fluffy
full recipes : kleinworthco.com