Mashed Potato Cheese Bites
Mashed potatoes are one of those dishes that everybody likes. So doesn't that mean there should be TONS of ways to adapt them into fun and tasty treats?! We think so, and we're starting with these little bites that are fried to perfection. Even better? They have a gooey cheese center that takes them from delicious to WOW. Check them out!
You'll Need :
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup minced chives or green onions
- 16 cubes quick-melt cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- ? cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How To :
- Stir the chives and potatoes together. Add salt and pepper, to taste, if your mashed potatoes aren't already seasoned.
- Scoop out a golf-ball-sized portion of mashed potatoes, and press one cube of cheese into the middle. Close the mashed potatoes around the cheese and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and cheese.
- Roll one of the mashed potato balls in the flour, then the eggs, and finally in the breadcrumbs until it is completely coated. Repeat with all of the potato balls.
full recipes : tiphero.com