Buckeye Balls #Christmas #Buckeye #peanut
This recipe for buckeye balls is the classic peanut butter balls dipped in dark or white chocolate. An smooth no bake excursion dessert!
Rich and creamy peanut butter balls are dipped in chocolate and decorated with festive sprinkles for a no bake treat that's ideal for a special occasion. those buckeye balls make a incredible present and are always a great addition to any holiday dessert desk.
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 8 ounces chocolate chips or candy melts/almond bark can be dark chocolate, white chocolate or both
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- optional: 1/2 cup holiday sprinkles
- vicinity the peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar in a big bowl. mix until the components are incorporated, then knead along with your arms till a clean dough bureaucracy.
- shape the dough into tablespoon sized balls and region on a sheet pan that's been covered with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the peanut butter balls for at least half-hour.
- region the chocolate chips and shortening in a medium bowl. If using 2 styles of chocolate, place 4 oz. of every chocolate with 1 tablespoon shortening into 2 bowls.
- Microwave the chocolate in 30 2nd periods or until melted. Stir until smooth and carefully combined.
- take away the buckeye balls from the fridge. Use a toothpick to select up each ball and and dip it into the melted chocolate. speedy roll the ball in sprinkles if the usage of (optional). Repeat with each ball. Use your finger to smooth over the top of every ball to remove the mark from the toothpick.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set, then serve